Youth & Kids Vision
‘To create a fun, safe space for all to flourish in their faith, equipping them and modelling how to be dangerous in Jesus’ name. To help them realise who they are in Christ and to build firm foundations with kingdom values’
- To create a fun, safe space for all to flourish in their faith: People flourish in safety. It’s where they experiment, learn, practice, gain confidence. If we want them to be warriors for Jesus, they need to train the training camps which are away and separate from the battlefield. If we can make these moments of being daring, trying something new and growing in spirit fun, then it will be more engaging and they’ll want more. We will welcome all, applaud and praise their wins, have high expectations and repeat the core message – that God loves them SO much.
- Psalm 52:8 – But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.
- Equipping them and modelling how to be dangerous in Jesus’ name: When they do enter the battlefield, some will be brave and some won’t. But what’s important is to be strong and confident of Jesus’ strength and victory, not of their own. People who are dangerous change the world! We will give them the skills and knowledge that they need to know to live life well in a spiritual battle, stepping out of their comfort zones, where the path is narrow and not well-worn. We aim to do this as much through modelling it in our lives, as what we teach.
- Proverbs 22:6 – Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
- To help them realise who they are in Christ: In a world of a million different voices telling us to wear this, look like that, own the latest this and act like that celebrity, what is the voice of truth that we should all be listening to? Understanding who we are and who we are supposed to be can be so confusing, even as adults, but if we were to hear the voice of God, he would be telling us that he loves us just the way we are. That he desires our hearts, our minds and our souls, that we don’t need to DO anything, just BE with him and love on him. We are already heirs of Christ, priests, and sons and daughters of the most high.
- Hosea 1:10 – You are the children of the living God.
- Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in his own image, male and female he created them.
- To build firm foundations with kingdom values: Storms come and when they do, what happens to you? If you have firm foundations in your bible knowledge, your identity in Christ and confidence in the community of believers, you are likely to not just survive, but thrive. Firm Godly foundations are built through having a chance to flex your spiritual muscles regularly, being given responsibility, knowing you’re valued and loved and re-aligning your world view to match His Kingdom values.
- Ephesians 4:14-15 – Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.